The combination of Marketing Automation and e-commerce is truly unbeatable. So when it comes to marketing automation this practice is often associated with online stores. And this association is more correct than ever!
Shopify eCommerce automation, in fact, is a useful practice that is becoming more and more widespread online. It is no longer just Amazon that sends abandoned cart recovery emails. But many online shops have taken up and fully exploited these automation models.
In this article, we will see “How do I marketing automation for Shopify eCommerce?” How it is done and what are the main tools that can be exploited to make the user’s online experience personalized and unforgettable.
If you want to discover all the secrets of e-commerce automation you are surely in the right place, read on!
What is marketing automation for Shopify eCommerce?
Let’s start with the definition of Marketing Automation: a set of tools aimed at automating a company’s marketing strategies. The goal is to personalize the experiences of individual users online and to say the right thing, to the right person, at the right time.
Once you understand what Marketing Automation is, it’s easy to imagine how this practice applies perfectly to online stores. The reason? The customer’s purchase process takes place entirely online, from viewing the products to choosing and paying. In short, if a user buys online, he makes available to us a lot of data that we can use to personalize the messages we send him.
If we wanted to also define Marketing Automation for Shopify e-commerce, we could say that it behaves almost like a virtual salesman. It welcomes the user, offers initial support in choosing the perfect product, monitors the preferences of the potential customer and makes the purchase go as smoothly as possible.
The metaphor of the virtual salesman is very useful for understanding the marketing automation tools for e-commerce that we will see in the following paragraphs. Each of them, in fact, allows you to stay close to the user as if he were followed through assisted sales in the store, thus increasing customer satisfaction.
If you are wondering which could be the best Marketing Automation software for your business. Know that all automation software has integration plugins with the main e-commerce platforms used by Shopify.
Marketing automation for Shopify
Shopify has the ability to be quickly integrated with many marketing automation software. The advantage of using well-known platforms such as Shopify for your online store. It is precisely that of having existing and easy plugins for integration with any e-commerce automation software.
Let’s say that the main difference when it comes to choosing a Marketing Automation software for your e-commerce platform. First, you think about the price and the features. On the other hand, before choosing the software it is important to have a clear idea of the strategy to follow. Because once that has been outlined it will be possible to make a plan of activities and understand what to prioritize.
My advice is to start with software that allows you to carry out the actions you are setting yourself 3 years from now: if you start from scratch it would make no sense to choose software with many features that would then remain unused for a long time.
Let’s now see together all the tools that can be used to do marketing automation for e-commerce.
What are the automation tools for eCommerce?
Let’s get to the heart and see what automation tools we can use to make our e-commerce automated:
- Automated email marketing: from welcome emails to abandoned cart recovery emails, to emails related to order delivery and post-sales emails. Email marketing is still the most useful way to communicate with your users online in all stages of the purchasing process
- SMS: together with e-mails, they are a useful communication tool. Personally, I prefer them less frequent than e-mails and more “on point” (focused on reserved promotions or with updates on the delivery status of an ordered product)
- Push notifications: if used sparingly, they are very useful to inform visitors of lightning promotions and unmissable opportunities. The ideal is to differentiate them for new visitors, users already in the database and customers who have already made at least one purchase
- Banners: very useful for recommending products to users similar to those viewed or purchased in the past. They allow a true personalization of the experience; how push notifications should be differentiated based on user status (anonymous visitor, lead, customer)
- Pop-ups: often considered invasive, they should be used with care (a bit like push notifications). But if they contain important bonuses such as free shipping or free samples. They can be appreciated by users who visit a product page for a long time
- Chatbot: is probably the first tool that comes to mind when we think of a virtual salesman. The chatbot is an excellent support that allows us to inform users, guide them to purchase.
Have you already taken a look at the Webrito features for e-commerce automation?
Here are some of the features available:
- Personalized transactional emails are very useful especially during the delivery phase to reassure the user on the correct management of the order. (a positive experience in this phase always results in positive reviews, which are crucial for an online store).
- Updates via Whatsapp and SMS to inform the user about the status of the order.
- Automated assignment of orders to the best courier based on zip code and product, to minimize errors.
- Automated post-purchase management: request for reviews via email and SMS to collect customer opinions and treasure them.
- Conversational marketing and caring never leave the user alone in the purchase process.
Now you know How do I marketing automation for Shopify eCommerce? E-commerce Marketing Automation is a practice that can no longer be parked waiting for the future. It must be done today, and it must be done well.
There are several plugins to integrate your e-commerce platforms with the main marketing automation software.
The Webrito platform is excellent support in the automation of e-commerce, not only in terms of communications but also of operations: from shipping to caring. It has many useful features to get your e-commerce off the ground.