With the growth of online purchases and an ever-higher percentage of consumers who prefer to buy directly from home rather than go to the store. Opening an online store or website is no longer enough, which is why many brands have started creating an app for your e-commerce.
In this article, we will tell you “How to create an eCommerce app?” And we will understand together how it can help your brand to sell more and acquire new customers.
In fact, if a business wants to acquire and retain customers effectively, it must offer the best possible user experience. The key to doing this is being able to connect with customers in all available ways, providing a fluid and dynamic experience from time to time.
Way to create an eCommerce app
Compared to several years ago, people today experience far more interruptions when browsing online, especially from mobile. And with mobile traffic today reaching nearly 60% of total traffic. You need to optimize every element of the sales funnel to optimize your conversion rate and not miss out on important sales.
In light of this data, delivering a quality mobile experience isn’t just helpful. It is essential if you want to acquire new customers and sell more with your e-commerce.
But how can you actually build an effective mobile eCommerce app that results in more visitors, sales, and repeat customers?
After working for years with companies, brands and e-commerce, we have created a strategy divided into three phases to create an effective, profitable app that offers all visitors a pleasant and uninterrupted User Experience.
In this way, you can optimize the sales and performance of your e-commerce, and your visitors will not be overwhelmed by banner ads, misleading messages and any other kind of distraction.
Let’s see together what are the three phases to create an e-commerce app.
Identify the objectives and the target for your app
Before you start building your eCommerce app, it’s important to know what you want to achieve and how you will measure the results you’re getting. Your goals and KPIs will have a direct impact on the features you need, your development process, and so much more.
To determine your goals, you should first know where you are now.
- How much traffic does your store generate on a monthly basis?
- How much traffic comes from mobile?
- What is your mobile conversion rate?
Most e-commerce owners are completely ignorant of this data, and by doing so they are missing out on tons of growth and customer acquisition opportunities. An eCommerce app can help you streamline the checkout process and maximize conversions at every stage of your sales funnel.
On the other hand,
if your goal is to have a list of loyal customers ready to make recurring purchases, you will have to prioritize different features such as greater target segmentation, notifications with ad hoc offer depending on the products purchased previously, offers on new ones. launches and so on.
After you’ve identified what you want and what you need, specify how to measure the success of your campaigns.
Once you know what you want to get out of your app, think about your audience. Knowing your target audience will simplify the entire app development process and also improve the marketing of your app.
Ask yourself questions like:
- What is the average age of my audience?
- What are their interests?
- And What products have they already purchased?
- How do they find us?
The answers to these questions, along with the goals you defined earlier, will be the foundation for building an effective and profitable app.
For example, a fashion retailer might feature image galleries and carousels to sponsor new arrivals, while, a cosmetics retailer might be more focused on quick checkouts and recurring purchases.
Choose the right platform to create an eCommerce app
Now you have a clear idea of the target to be reached and what your goals are. It’s time to make another choice: the right platform for your app. For e-commerce, there are two versions to choose from Progressive Web App and Native App.
Progressive web apps are next-generation websites that offer the same kind of speed, interactivity and performance as a native app. But without having to download anything from the App Stores. They are an excellent option if you have a lot of mobile traffic on your website or if your budget is more limited.
But the best option is undoubtedly a native app. Unlike progressive web apps, native apps need to be developed separately for iOS and Android.
In this way, native apps can take full advantage of all the features that a modern smartphone has to offer because:
- offer the best and most optimized User Experience possible;
- they are fast and intuitive apps;
- have native features that can help you improve your sales funnel.
In reality, some think that having users download their app may seem like a problem, but in reality, it is not. 500 million people visit Apple’s app store every week. And if you optimize your app to be discovered easily, you can get a lot of new visitors that way.
But what is the right platform to create an app for eCommerce?
After trying different solutions, we came to the conclusion that the only platform to use to create an e-commerce app in Shopify.
Plan the requirements for creating the app
Now that you have identified the goals you want to achieve. You know what the target is to hit and the right platform to use. It’s time to put the features you need on paper.
During the consultations with our experts, we have found ourselves faced more than once with some frequent features that are often requested of us, and which can also be useful for your e-commerce.
For some ideas on what could also be included in your e-commerce app. Here are some features that our customers ask us often.
- Push messages – are essential for any modern e-commerce app. They are used to remember an abandoned product in the cart, an unfinished purchase or the arrival of new products.
- Easy checkouts. A simple checkout has two functions. First, it simplifies the buying process for new customers. And second, it makes recurring purchases easier and more frequent.
- Wish List: This is a very popular feature in tons of different niches. And the reason is that customers often make recurring purchases. Via a wishlist, recurring purchases can be made much faster. Once they have finished the product they previously purchased.
- Payment Options: It is important to offer all common payment options. For example, if you were selling in the USA, you could have a large proportion of customers and potential customers who prefer to buy with PayPal or pay on delivery.
- A system of feedback and reviews: Customers rely on the opinions of others to evaluate the items they may purchase. Creating a way for your customers to share their opinion with others is a great strategy for increasing sales.
Grow your business with an eCommerce app
Are looking for the right agency to create an eCommerce app? You must rely on a team of professionals who already have experience with the platform.
If you want to know more and request a consultation to create an app for your Shopify eCommerce. You can fill out the form below. Together you will find the best solution that best suits your specific case. We at Webrito can help you.
Contact us immediately, we will reply as soon as possible! If you are still unsure and want to know the advantages of creating an e-commerce app, click on the link.