The look and feel of an online store have a great impact on visitors-customers. It is, therefore, necessary to find the most appropriate one for your business and your needs. So you need to know “How to choose Shopify theme?” If you choose to sell with Shopify, you will have a wide range of possibilities!
Exactly as it happens for the shops of our cities, when we land on a shop on the Net, the first thing we notice is not the products, but how all the elements are arranged, their attractiveness, their originality. For this, it is necessary to pay close attention to the graphic theme of eCommerce.
How to choose Shopify theme?
Below you will find everything you need to know for an effective and appropriate choice.
What is meant by a graphic theme?
When we talk about the theme, we refer to the graphic part of an eCommerce, that is, to everything we notice as soon as we arrive on its homepage:
- Product sheets
- A theme for a single product (this is the case, for example, of a startup that markets an innovative product by advertising on Facebook)
- Small catalog themes for (5 -10 products)
- Themes for a medium catalog (50-60 products)
- Themes for a large catalog (100 or more products).
Where to choose a graphic theme for Shopify?
If you have decided to rely on the Shopify platform to create your electronic store, simply connect to this address https://themes.shopify.com/themes and analyze the many themes proposed one by one. You will find free and paid options (at low cost anyway) and you will be able to establish the one that best meets your business needs.
In evaluating the theme it is good to follow precise criteria, which are valid even if you choose to find your theme on platforms, other than Shopify, such as Webrito or Woocommerce.
The criteria to be adopted to choose the right theme
Let’s see what are the criteria to be adopted to make the search systematic and clear and avoid choosing a theme that we initially like but which overtime is no longer able to respond to our needs.
Each store has its own Shopify theme
The first thing to do when you want to open an eCommerce is to ask yourself what kind of store you want to create and how many products to offer. Some themes are designed for a shopping experience, others are more suitable for sites with larger catalogs.
What are the themes for a single product?
If you are aiming to sell only one product, the chosen theme will have to pay close attention to the homepage which:
- We will have to give immediate emphasis to the product
- It must contain the product sheet
Objective: To ensure that the funnel, or the path to purchase, is short and efficient.
An example of a Shopify theme for companies that sell only one product is “Narrative” which has these characteristics:
- Different variations
- Allows you to enter the direct context of the product
- Examine all the features one by one and directly on the homepage.
What theme to choose for a small catalog?
If the catalog is small, it will be necessary to choose a theme that gives space to an experiential type of shopping, because the customer will look for something specific, niche, that has values corresponding to his own.
In this case, you can enter:
- Accessory items, such as videos.
- Additional elements such as the history of the company.
- Divisions of categories/collections.
Shopify themes for a medium catalog
With an average catalog, however, the spotlight will be on the possibility of selecting and filtering products.
An example of a Shopify theme for businesses that have an average product catalog is “Avenue” which has these characteristics:
- Immediately offers filters to guide the customer-visitor in their choice.
- Puts research in the foreground.
- has a guided and filtered navigation, structured by levels (color, brand, product characteristics).
- emphasizes the value and importance of the assortment.
Themes for large catalog
A shop that has a larger catalog, on the other hand, must choose a theme that allows you to switch from the generic page in the foreground to the more specific product sheets. And it is able to match what the customer needs and the product sheet.
An example of a Shopify theme for companies that have a very large catalog of products is “Warehouse” which has the following characteristics:
- The mega menu offers the ability to quickly jump into the second level category/collection
- Level navigation with immediate passage to categories, subcategories, colors, price or brand
- Homepage without story or experience, but with “shortcuts” that lead visitors directly to the products
- Foreground search.
To all the chosen themes it is possible to add particular features, which also vary according to what you sell, for example:
- The insertion of videos is a very useful tool because it is engaging. When a customer arrives on the homepage, in fact, the presence of a video allows you to capture attention and increases the minutes or seconds that the same will pass on the page.
- high-resolution images, in this case, you will have to choose a theme that supports this graphic content, which has a focus on sizes, product variants, etc.
- Art and photography
- Fashion and clothes
- Jewelry and accessories
- Food and beverages
- Health and beauty
- Sports and recreation
- Toys and video games
Shopify themes feature categorizations based on the types of products sold, specifically:
Once you have established what to sell and the theme that best meets your needs. It will be necessary to ascertain how the navigation result will be. The same theme will have a number of variations and can support many additional elements, such as customer testimonials, photo galleries, and so on.
Do not forget that it is important to choose a theme with all the features that can serve us based on the type of sale we want to make!
All you have to do is go to https://themes.shopify.com/themes and search for the right theme! And read to know the “Best way to create an eCommerce site with Shopify?”
Now you have learned “How to clean your computer fans? If you really like this post, please share this post with your friends on social media. Please leave a comment below. You can also read this: Is it mandatory to enter the VAT number on Shopify?